Everyday we learn something, whether it is about our Career, Relationships or Life. Whatever we learn and absorb in our mind, it makes us grow which reflects on our family. As our family grows, our neighborhood flourishes. Flourishing of our neighborhood leads to cultivation of society. Further, our state grows and country grows. Hence, our world blossoms. Growth always start from a micro level and goes to macro level.
To be a successful person, we have to be a better personality, a better person by heart, by attitude which reflects in our maturity.
It is very simple to say, “I am a matured person..”
Now the question is, if you really are a “MATURED” person then why our society, our country and our world isn’t flourishing as it should be?
Why we see hatred and poverty in our society?
Why we get disheartened? Why we are not growing?
Why we do not have patience, why we get so excited and outburst when some one tries to provoke us?
Why our egos come across in our relationships?
There could be numerous questions which can question our humanity.
These are very basic questions which needs to be answered and if you have these Ps then my dear friend you are matured enough. You can actually change the neighborhood, society, country and the whole world.
4Ps can change your life….
Many entrepreneurs and leaders always said, ‘Follow your Passion’. Go for it which you are passionate about. Do what you love.
“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”
But just doing for sake isn’t enough. You have to do it heartily and it needs hard work, courage, dedication, determination. It needs Perseverance because you have to pass through many challenges, many tests which will examine your capabilities.
Life is like a roller coaster. Some time you will enjoy your ride and some time you will not. For such down moments, you need to have Patience. Just give time. You have to be very calm in tough situations. You simply can not go mad and outburst on someone in frustration. Just be like river – silence, serene and patience.
“The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.”
Yelling or shouting in frustration is very simple and easy to ease your tension but it surely going to affect your relationships adversely. No just wait… not affect, rather it will actually ruin and break your relations down.
“Spoken words never come back just like an arrow never comes back to bow.”
Relationship are like flowers, it has to be handled with care, with politeness. Being polite actually reflects our humanity.
Politeness can do wonders in our relationships, in our working culture.
“Ceremonies are different in every country, but true politeness is everywhere the same.”
Keep Smiling.. 🙂
- The 4 P’s of Love and Happiness: Passion, Persistence, Prayer, Patience (everythinggl.com)
- What Happened to Patience? (bensonkiragu.wordpress.com)
- An Uncommon Passion (robertjrgraham.com)
When we were born, first we received was Love and Smiles from our parents, relatives and family friends. When you opened up your eyes in this wonderful world, people around you got excited and greeted you with love and care.
In the midst of love and affection, there was something waiting for you desperately. We human being coined this ‘Criticism’.
Just imagine, you are sitting on an ecstatic beach in a wonderful evening and reading your favourite book. Sun is about to set, and waves and breeze are making your moment out of the world. Suddenly you hit by some disturbance, it could be a natural calamity or some manmade hindrance. Anything which convert your peaceful twilight hours into unfriendly and make you furious. How will you feel or react?
Criticism is just like such unwanted, demoralizing weeds which makes our day or life miserable and break us emotionally and we feel like our confidence is being crushed into pieces. No matter what we feel or how we react but people across enjoy our fall and believe me it gives them internal satisfaction and fulfil their egos.
Critics and Criticism, two simple words but these two words will surely smashes your life down.
Critics have criticised greatest leaders, sports personalities who have achieved impossible and list goes on and on. Not a single person is left out.
When a goalkeeper retires, people talk about his/her misses not the great saves s/he has made in career.
I have been criticised numerous times in my life and now am used to it. Actually now I love being criticised. Being a kid, my teachers, society have always criticised deeply and crushed my feelings. And this made me Strong, Mentally tough and I learned tackling them.
Take Criticism as a Pinch of Salt and we must convert it into Positive factors or Learning steps.
We must learn to handle our critics, their criticism, blame games, dirty tricks. People want you to react and waiting desperately for your mistakes. They enhance your mistakes.
Try these bellow listed steps to simply avoid them, learn from them and move on.
1. Never React/Argue – I blame you and you blame me twice. Game goes on and never come to an end. Finally we are the loser.
Say for example, you are in meeting or talking to your peer. If s/he is blaming you or criticising you, suddenly you come on aggressive mood and react. Never React or Argue. They are actually provoking you to react. And once you are caught in their web, at the end of the day you are the loser.
2. Never show Emotions – In such dirty games, if you outburst, you are finished. Try to control your emotions as much as possible. I believe emotions are beautiful thing and it must be kept for our family and loved ones not for critics.
3. Always be Silent – Never speak or interrupt them in between their unwanted talks. If you do, guess what, it hurt their egos. They are wasting their energy so better let them waste. Why we waste our by speaking or arguing? We must learn where to speak and where to be silent.
4. Wear Smile – Just smile when they are criticising. Don’t say a single word. Just wear smile on your beautiful face. Believe me it will break their Confidence and Morale.
5. Listen – Stay calm and calmly listen to them. If possible jot down their positive ideas in between negative atmosphere. As I always say, filter out negativity and take positive notes.
6. Forget after you leave their Territory – If you are still thinking about their blame games and criticisms then my dear friend they have won their battle. It may make you depressed, heartbroken and you feel low. After leaving, just simple flush out from mind and simply forget about everything. Go for a cup of Tea or some refreshments with friends and change your mood. If possible forgive them.
I have observed on various occasions, we get trapped in critic’s tricks and start reacting, arguing. They want us to react. They provoke us. If you are trying to prove something then at the end of the day they will have the last laugh. Believe in yourself, not what others say about you.
The best reply for any Critics and Criticism is BE SILENT and AVOID SITUATIONS.
Finally, I would sign off with this wonderful quote:
“Words are heavy thing, they weigh you down. If birds could speak, they couldn’t fly.”
Keep Smiling… 🙂
- How to Make Criticism Drive You (news.terra.com)
- Dont Let Your Smile Extinct.. (cherrypositive.com)
- The Importance of Criticism (jessicaoddi.blogspot.com)
- Definition – Criticism (management-me.com)