What is the purpose of bathing?
- To freshen up.
- To remove dirt from the body.
- To look fresh and feel great.
When we wake up in the morning we feel fresh, energetic and enthusiastic. You give me some work; I can do it with the highest accuracy. We feel motivated and galvanized and this reflects in our body language.
As the day passes, energy slowly drains out from our soul like sand slips from our fingers and we feel tired. We feel motiveless and negativity starts entering in.
Here is my personal experience. I work enthusiastically until lunch. I attempt to finish my important tasks within this session. I always try to learn new things within this time frame. But post lunch, my energy descends drastically, just like an inverse exponential graph. After 3:00 pm, I need a cup of tea to energize myself. I then listen to music to create motivation.
There are multiple ways to create motivation but the fact is we need to inject that passion back in our mind and heart. Motivation degrades periodically and we need to understand what gives us our motivation.
Do you watch football? Players utilize energy drinks throughout the game. Why? It’s to energize them and get rid of exhaustion. Similarly, we need motivation. Motivation keeps us going and without it we can’t accomplish our goals.
Let me provide you with a few ways to motivate yourself when you are feeling low…
- Drink water – You must have heard numerous times, drink at least 2 litres of water daily. Water makes us less stressed. Water directly reflects on brain function and you will lose efficiency by not drinking enough. Bottom line is drinking lots of water increases energy and releases fatigue.
- Talk to friends – Yes talking with friends and those who are close to you will actually refresh your mood. Perhaps you can chat with your co-workers/colleagues during your break. I would recommend avoiding gossip.
- Go for a Walk – Go for a short walk with friends/colleagues. It will provide you with a refreshed mind and it will allow you to stretch your legs. Walking helps blood circulation.
- Read books – Reading a book is different from reading online. I would recommend reading a book. You learn something new and it changes your mood. Make it a habit to read for thirty minutes a day.
- Eat Fruits – ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away.’ It’s easy to eat fruit throughout your day and it provides vitamins, fiber and minerals. The more our body absorbs these, the more mental and physical strength we build.
Our life is like a sinusoidal graph, full of peaks and valleys. When we are high, we do things best and achieve better results. On the other hand, when we are exhausted, even simple tasks can become difficult just like climbing Mt. Everest.
So, the point here is to say, every one of us needs energy boosters to pump the energy back to the highest levels and it has to be done constantly. So keep yourself moving and continue to provide yourself with motivation.
“Motivation is what gets you started.
Habit is what keeps you going.”
– Jim Rohn
Keep Smiling…. 🙂
Edited and forwarded by Mr. Jeff Botch
- Self-Motivation Secrets (iwillassistyou.wordpress.com)
- 10 Ways To Get Energized When You’re Exhausted! (storybookapothecary.com)
- Everyday is best day (cherrypositive.com)
- 10 Simple Steps Start Your Day Energized (stevenaitchison.co.uk)