This June 2015, we were blessed with an Angel. It brought happiness and joy in our family like first rain droplets kisses the barren parched land. It filled our lives with joy and love. Since her birth, I have been enjoying my fatherhood and living my dreams. I truly feel blessed and extremely lucky. I keenly and closely observe my daughter’s emotions, her movements, each and every gestures of hers.
What I learned from her?
Yes, I have been learning a lot from the baby.
- Smiling all the time: Babies are full of true and genuine emotions. No matter what,
they always wear smiles on their beautiful lips. On every small gesture, they laugh selflessly. They play with you. They curiously observe you and laugh on every small act of yours. My learning lesson is very simple. No matter what situation you are in, always wear smile on your lips.
- She lives in present moment: My daughter lives in present moment. Though she isn’t aware of life at this point of her time but she reminds us that you must live in present moment. Forget all your pains, tensions, excitements and fear. Just live in this moment, breathe fresh air, enjoy the moment of your life and trust me, your coming time will surely gets a boost and confidence. It will give you a power to stand against all the odds as it freshen up your mind. Why get indulged in past or think about future. Neither you can change your past nor do you know about your future. So why worry?
- Curious learner: All babies are curious learners. They observe you very closely. They observe your emotions, they observe your acts and they keenly observe your
body language. They hardly understand your body language but they are learning. They try to imitate your acts; they are actually making a picturesque imaginary figure or statue of your behaviors in their minds and enhancing their vocabulary. Imbibing your gestures by curiously observing you. Always be a learner. Try to learn selflessly.
- She Negotiates: Yes! You read correctly. How a six month baby or say a year baby can negotiate with their parents? Yes they do! They can’t speak but they try to communicate tearfully and by making sounds. I have seen that these babes are wonderful communicators. They communicate instantly, obviously by crying they put their words on table and if you ignore or avoid, they cry with varying ranging tones. They remain stubborn until they get what they want.
- Breaking her Comfort Zones: Everyday she learns something new and fearlessly try it. She just started flipping through. One day she (obviously with small efforts) tried to sit and fell after couple of minutes as she couldn’t balance. Rather than crying, she actually enjoyed it. I picked her up and again made her sit. She balanced herself with her small hands and sat for couple of minutes until her hands got tired. She fell and again tried her best. Everyday she tries to come out of her comfort zone. ;-)
We always learn from our nearby surroundings. And believe me learning from your family and environment is the best source.
Please share your thoughts and how closely you observe your child’s acts?
Keep Smiling… :-)